[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT Tennis

Posted By: Stick
Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2013, at 6:56 p.m.

In Response To: OT Tennis (Joe Russell)

a shaky comparison at best said I. There are the reasons you stated and many more for it being a bad comparison but having some resemblance. I didn't feel it was needed to break down why it was a bad comparison. I didn't have that much time at the time.

Nadal is no longer one dimensional but up until 2008 he sure was. It's great he's brought his game around and again, he's a phenom on clay courts. I'd be happy as a pig in shit if all I did was play that well on clay. He obviously now has a game outside that and has worked hard to become more than just a clay court wonder. His first 4 majors were, in no specific order: French Open, French Open, French Open, French Open.

If Nadal didn't exist how many more Slams would Roger have due to the French alone? That's an argument in favor of both players. Federer is no clay slouch it's just so perfect for Nadal's game. What he was born, raised, and probably slept on at night.

If Nadal wins some more Slams it's fine by me if people bring up his name as "is he the best ever". Knock yourself out. I don't imagine any of the people I quoted as saying Roger is the best will have changed their minds unless Nadal does something outlandish like win a ton more Slams and on all surfaces. It's like talking about Kobe or LeBron or any not Jordan come lately. You can pose the question but nobody has the complete game that Jordan did. Same for Federer.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.