[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Conso optional

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Sunday, 3 November 2013, at 12:49 p.m.

In Response To: Conso optional (Art Grater)

The Conso normally pays both money prizes and ABT points, and also guarantees players that they will play at least two matches before they are eliminated. I think it's popular with most players of all levels.

Are you actually thinking of the Last Chance, which often doesn't start until the last day of the tournament? That would make more of a difference, I think. If people would rather arrange a flight for late Saturday night, figuring they'll change it and also reserve another night at the hotel if they make it to the money rounds, they might appreciate a no-last-chance option.

I still don't like this idea, though. I think it would have an unintended consequence that will hurt the director's profits, which are often already quite unspectacular, by having a ripple effect. If you don't change the main event and Conso prizes, which I agree should not be changed, the only place to take the money they save is to reduce the Last Chance prize. That in turn motivates a few more people to skip it too, and so on. Those people also play in fewer side events, since they don't want to have to change their travel arrangements just for a Quickie final. The director also cannot guarantee the hotel that he will fill as many room-nights, and so won't get as good a deal on the hotel.

If we go to a weekend tournament, I think we have to assume we are going to be there for the weekend. If we have something else to do on the Sunday, that just isn't a good tournament for us to attend, and we need to just sign up for some other one instead.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.