[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Problem with rule 1.6 Communications

Posted By: roadkillbooks
Date: Tuesday, 5 November 2013, at 6:08 a.m.

At a tournament there are multiple events. While the rules seem to clearly apply to the main event. For this particular rue, I am concerned how it applies to doubles. I am also very curious as to the rules in other countries. Is this the most restrictive language rule in the world of backgammon? Does this really apply to doubles. Does this mean that players that have limited english ability can not form a doubles team? IF this is the case I think it is utterly ridiculous and discriminatory and should be immediately changed.

Are English speaking people prohibited from speaking English at a Japanese or European (not- English) event. This could be changed by adding a sentence after- "Speech in any other language will not be permitted between players and/or spectators while matches are in progress."

To read: Except in the case between partners in doubles which can communicate in any way they see fit.

Is sign language also prohibited?

1.6 COMMUNICATIONS. The official Tournament language is English. Speech in any other language will not be permitted between players and/or spectators while matches are in progress. Players may not use cell phones or other electronic communication devices except during authorized breaks.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.