[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT: applied math problem --OTB :)

Posted By: mandm1951
Date: Wednesday, 20 November 2013, at 4:52 p.m.

In Response To: OT: applied math problem (mandm1951)

Thanks everyone for your analyses of the problem.

Here are the details:

When the woman related to me by marriage and I were eating (and playing backgammon <-- not really ;-) at a restaurant called FlatTop Grill (http://www.flattopgrill.com), we saw an ad offering a $15 bonus with the purchase of a $50 gift car (option A in my orginal post). Since we like FlatTop Grill we purchased the deal for ourselves.

Then later the same day, while shopping at Costco, we saw that they were selling $100 of gift cards for FlatTop Grill for $75 (option b in my orignal post. Since we eat at FlatTop fairly frequently, we decided to purchase some additional gift cards for ourselved. That led us to question which was a better deal and what was the easiest way to figure it out. Hence, my post.

An aside to this OT post: As my wife and I were leaving the gym after working out on Sunday morning, I said, do you want to eat at FlatTop Grill or at that place in Washington (Illinois) we like? We decided on Flat Top since we had eaten in Washington the previous two Sunday mornings. If we had driving to Washington I think we would have gotten to the point on the main street into town at about the same time as the tornado did. Strange how seeingly minor decisions can have larger impact on one's life.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.