[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

63S 53P 62

Posted By: Coolrey
Date: Tuesday, 10 December 2013, at 2:44 p.m.

In Response To: 63S 53P 62 (onur alan)

OTB I didn't even consider making my own 4 point.

My experience with XG has led me to believe that XG plays more defensively than most people think, and certainly more than I do. Knowing it is better than I am, I realize it is me that has to change!

So basically a rather long time ago I adopted a simple strategy that is fairly easy to remember, and saves time OTB. The point here is that you can't just waste a minute hemming and hawing over plays like this. I always like seeing my opponents do so, and give me a time cushion to work with.

Keep it simple and remember.... When faced with a choice of a defensive play or an offensive one, then make a DEFENSE first. From there you can roll up your sleeves and get to work on the offensive. The blots on the ten and eleven point become irrelevant when you have the bar point anchor, who cares if they get hit?

A defensive point keeps the wolves at bay, and a wise opponent considering a cube simply refrains from doubling because you have eliminated the volatility that is often an integral part of many doubles.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.