[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

bgTranscribe: Automatically Transcribe Films of Matches (pre announcment)

Posted By: sita
Date: Saturday, 4 January 2014, at 9:47 p.m.

Since last summer I am developing a software which will do what is stated in the subject: Taking a film of a bg match, and create a bot-readable file like .sgf. I planned to pre announce this much later, when I am more certain that I will succeed. But the discussion on this forum regarding playing on a real board vs on a tablet changed my mind. Since obviously some people would like to see such a software, I decided to share the state of my development.

I published my rough schedule on a webpage. I will keep this page up to date.

One important note, though: At the current point of my development, I am far away from sure of succeeding. I estimate the probability that I will do so with 75%. The same holds for the exact dates of the schedule given. Up to now the development went quite good according to plan, but you never know what lies ahead.

Even according to plan it is still a long way to go. I plan the first release at the beginning of 2015. Thus, I have not made any detailed plans for a business model yet. It won't be freeware, but it will be affordable, that one is sure.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.