[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

bgTranscribe: Automatically Transcribe Films of Matches (pre announcment)

Posted By: sita
Date: Tuesday, 7 January 2014, at 1:41 p.m.

In Response To: bgTranscribe: Automatically Transcribe Films of Matches (pre announcment) (Henrik Bukkjaer)

I understand your point with the App now. Yes, it would make things easier. When I run into real problems, I will think about it.

I'm a bit curious: Do you need to calibrate initially the reading of checkers and dice, or is your code robust enough to handle different checker/board/lighting combinations?

Yes, I calibrate it. Currently, I calibrate it with the first picture of the film. Probably that will stay so until first release. Thus, the first picture has to be the starting position, with no hands over the board etc.

Everything is not perfect, of course. E.g., I have still some problems with certain colors. Oddly enough, I have a film of a board with white, and brown checkers, and I absolutely cannot distinguishy these. ;-) I know the reason, and I will work around it, but probably not for 1.0.

If you are curious again, the reason is that the white is in fact a very, very light yellow (in the film). And a light yellow is the color of a reflected brown. ;-) If you have black and white, e.g., there is no problem. Because a reflected black is often a very light blue.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.