[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Chouette Etiquette question

Posted By: Keene
Date: Tuesday, 25 March 2014, at 1:01 p.m.

In Response To: Chouette Etiquette question (phil simborg)

In my chouette experience, the counts are always public. Most typically, if there is a wrong count, then the correct one gets announced. Also, amusingly, quite often there will be about 3 different counts, and they are all announced. Sometimes there is an out loud count of a disputed side, as a confirmation.

I recall one Chou a few years back- I was the captain, Karen Davis was the box, and just about every player announced a different count. Some were quite wildly out (they differed from my count). There was no resolution, I ended up recounting about 3 times myself, since no one was willing to accept anyone else's numbers. As it transpired, I got a count that was firmly in the doubling window - and so I cubed. Half the team went with with, and the rest daisy chained in over the next 3 turns or so. Didn't matter. Karen just nailed the race, and whipped all of us. I firmly resolved that no one in that Chou could actually count, and if I wanted an accurate count then I was doing it myself. I did continue to share it whenever relevant, but it was one of those days where I would say 102, the next guy had it at 108, someone else would say 99, - just all day! To this day, I am convinced I was right, and that none of the could count.

K

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.