[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Chouette Etiquette question

Posted By: Robert Chow
Date: Tuesday, 25 March 2014, at 8:47 p.m.

In Response To: Chouette Etiquette question (phil simborg)

When a group of players agree to play with a certain rule, they are obligated to abide by that rule. In this case any incorrect pip count should be pointed out.

I have several questions regarding public counts:

1. Is the box also obligated to point out an incorrect count?

2. Is public count considered a form of consulting? If so, should it be allowed in a non-consulting chouette?

3. In a chouette where consulting is allowed after the cube been turned, is public count in play when all the cubes are still in the middle?

Many years ago I played in non-consulting chouettes at the Cavendish West in Los Angeles where public count was allowed. I remember several instances in which the "designated counter" gave an incorrect count. After one particular game where I was the captain and the designated counter was off by 10 pips(!), (he said we were ahead by 14 when it was only 4) I decided that it was best to spend an couple of extra seconds and do my own count.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.