[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Just Wondering...

Posted By: Stick
Date: Thursday, 27 August 2015, at 2:37 a.m.

It has come up in the past and Timothy recently reminded me of it saying he'd like to see me and Neil K. play a series of dmp matches. Am I the only player of whatever caliber cap you'd like to put on it that generally doesn't care to play against the other best players?

I'd happily do what Timothy proposed for the good of bg. I know people would be interested and like to see it. For me though, it really does nothing. When I hear of Falafel playing Sander or Mochy playing MCG or random really good player Y playing random really good player X I don't see the point even if they're playing for money these players are basically the same level and all they're doing presumably is pushing short term variance around.

Backgammon isn't to me something where you need to prove yourself by playing the best. Playing the player is more or less non existent at the highest levels of bg. You put two of these players facing off v. each other and 99% of the time they're going to be making what they think is the bot's optimal decision. In other games/sports you need to play the best to know, it just isn't that way in bg.

I much prefer sitting around and playing v. XG (who is the best anyway) rather than playing a human opponent of equal skill. In playing XG I'll not only get in easily more games/matches and can play at my own pace but I believe learn far more overall too.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.