[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Listen to XG or not?

Posted By: Mislav Kovacic
Date: Tuesday, 27 October 2015, at 12:36 p.m.

In Response To: Listen to XG or not? (Maik Stiebler)

It's not that easy to estimate how much MWC I would be gaining from each score.
One thing I know for sure is that even OK-ish players misplay 4a-2a score a lot, and missing a double at that score can lose lots of MWC.
Btw this particular problem is a slight modification of a position I've had recently and the actual opponent was only about 2.5 PR worse on average (I changed it up a bit to make it easier to discuss). So it's mostly a thought experiment on what to do in this or similar situations.

Hominind, from a practical standpoint there is some merit to what you're saying, maybe it's better not to adjust then adjust in a wrong way. Yes, there are lots of variables in BG already but I think adjustments are very important and often neglected topic. The main problem seems to be that we do not yet have good enough tools to be 100% sure when and by how much to adjust. I am hoping bot developers will work on this more in the future.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.