[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Read my post- no 2-point matches

Posted By: Barry Silliman
Date: Thursday, 12 January 2017, at 12:07 a.m.

I hope the day comes sooner rather than later when there will be no more match lengths of two points.

It is well known that if two experts are playing, that at 2-away 2-away, if the cube is handled properly, there should always be a Double/Take early in the game.

Experts, by definition, already have a skill advantage over weaker players. It seems that 2-point matches are predatory in that the experts can take advantage of those weaker players who do not know proper cube strategy and therefore give up equity from incorrect drops, or from waiting too long and losing their market when they become too big of a favorite in the game.

I do not consider this to be sporting. Either have a 1-point match or a 3-point match, but, please, no more 2-point matches.

I do not attribute malice to any organizers who have in the past held 2-point events. Many traditions die hard. For example, dice flat on the board for a valid roll. While we're modifying that long-standing tradition (assuming the peasantry doesn't revolt), let's also put 2-point matches to rest.

Who is with me on this?

If you think I'm wrong about this, feel free to defend your position.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.