[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Wisebeaver Paradox

Posted By: Ray Kershaw
Date: Friday, 23 June 2017, at 4:48 p.m.

In Response To: Wisebeaver Paradox (Nack Ballard)

The two Wisecarver Paradox positions reported by Danny Kleinman are non-contact money game positions where neither player can win a gammon (and hence the Jacoby Rule is not relevant). I suggest that all such positions, of which we have recently learned that there are over 70,000, should be called Wisevarver Paradox positions.

In the same way, Oswald Jacoby reports one Jacoby Paradox position in The Backgammon Book but we call all five such positions as Jacoby Paradox positions.

If you like my definition of a Cube Provocation Play (the term invented by Danny Kleinman), Wisecarver Paradox positions are a subset of Cube Provocation Plays.

I suggest that Wisecarver Paradox is not used to describe other Cube Provocation Plays which (it seems) can arise in contact positions, in match play and in money play with the Jacoby Rule.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.