[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

What is the Fair Settlement here?

Posted By: Daniel Murphy
Date: Saturday, 28 November 2009, at 10:10 p.m.

In Response To: What is the Fair Settlement here? (Charlie Raichle)

I for fitted the match and my opponent advanced to the finals. He agreed to give me $200 before I left and if he won the tournament he agreed to mail me a check for an additional $250.

Don't do that in Denmark. The link is to a 23 July 2004 opinion of the DBgF Order and Amateur Committee which says in part:

"It is forbidden to agree on the outcome of a match including, for example, to agree to "split" in a semi-final (or earlier in the tournament) so that the withdrawing player receives a portion of the "winner's" prize money. A player forced by circumstances to withdraw from a tournament can only do so unilaterally and consequently the player's match opponent shall be the winner by default. Any agreement on payment of a sum in connection with the withdrawal shall be deemed to be [invalid as contrary to tournament rule 4.5]." (my trans.)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.