[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

How can you tell if you're playing a bot online?

Posted By: Dave Ranson
Date: Monday, 30 November 2009, at 10:10 p.m.

In Response To: How can you tell if you're playing a bot online? (Phil Simborg)

I noticed (and reported) several traits with some of the online bots; bots I haven't seen now for 4-6 months. Whether they have been replaced or not I don't know, but at my stakes $5/10 pp I haven't seen any.

They would never chat at all.

They never joined waiting tables; they would sit and wait all day for punters to come to them.

They would never accept any adjustment of the game stakes/limits even if it a tiny amount.

They would decline a single game resignation if your checkers were not in your home board, even if you were mathematically certain to save the gammon.

They play at the same speed/rhythm regardless of how difficult the move was.

They seemed to bear off incredibly slowly, even in no contact positions.

When playing two checkers from the same point, they would always move the smaller dice number first. This was a particularly useful marker to me because you would have to right-click the mouse every time to achieve that.

They would never undo a move; in fact some of the bots were later programmed to undo some moves, but it was so obvious as the moves they elected to undo were either forced moves or extremely clear moves.

Dave

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.