[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Legal Moves or Not

Posted By: Phil Simborg
Date: Sunday, 20 December 2009, at 2:15 p.m.

The current tournament rules allow players to accept an illegal move made by the other player, or he can insist the move be made legally.

Most money games require legal moves only, and even allow spectators to point out illegal moves so they can be corrected immediately.

Many tournament players (including myself) often agree to play legal moves only in tournament play.

For many reasons I will not go into here, I prefer legal moves only for both money and tournament play. My questions are:

1. Which rule do you prefer: allowing illegal plays to stand, or legal moves only?

2. If tournaments were to change to legal moves only, should spectators be allowed to point out an illegal move? Or possibly should an agreed proctor be appointed by the players or TD that points out illegal moves or verifies what the roll was or original position if there is a question about those factors?

3. If you play legal moves only and someone makes an illegal move that is not discovered until after the other player has rolled, moved, and picked up his dice, should the illegal move stand or should everything be rolled back?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.