[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

The Golden Rule of ..... Backgammon?

Posted By: Stick
Date: Saturday, 14 January 2012, at 9:11 p.m.

The article is technically written for tennis but it could just as easily apply to backgammon or any other game/sport with game specific examples included.

Golden Rule Article

Let me give one of my own example from years past. I was playing Malcolm Davis at some random event and :insert super duper bad beat story here:. It made me so sick at the time that I didn't feel like continuing my match so when Malcolm recubed what I knew to be a pass (pure race) I took and played for the match instead of passing and continuing the match which with a clear head would have given me better odds.

There's hardly any luck in tennis and if I'm getting beat I know it's because on that day my opponent is better than I am. I never have a problem enjoying tennis because I'm losing. If I'm playing poorly, that's another story but that's not because of results but poor performance. In playing tennis a lot over this last year I noticed people breaking down and doing things like I did in my backgammon match. They would break down and try to hand me the match. Seeing this helped my backgammon game as I have since vowed to ignore the dice and the piss poor level of my opponent's play and concentrate only on what I can control, making the correct decisions to give myself the maximum opportunity to win the match.

Tarango Incident for those who want to listen to Stanford pride whine like a bitch. If anyone has read Agassi's autobiography Open, Tarango is the player that Agassi claims blatantly cheated him. Basically Agassi said in a 3rd set tiebreak v. Tarango both of them around the age of 10 and the score tied 4-4 Agassi hit a clean backhand winner like 3 feet inside the lines. Tarango bows his head, starts to cry, then turns around, smirks, and calls the ball out thus winning the match.

Stick

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.