[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

PR match strategy

Posted By: Bob Koca
Date: Tuesday, 29 January 2013, at 3:35 p.m.

In Response To: PR match strategy (Bill Riles)

"These are clocked matches, so time is an issue -- to add another complicated strategy, of unknown or debatable value, could create a time problem or could lessen the time available for the usual backgammon decisions and strategies. "

The examples I gave may be complicated the first time one thinks about them but with preparation I don't think they are complicated at all to apply OTB.

As to the value: Say there are 100 decisions in the match. Adding a free decision decreases PR by about 1%. A PR of 5 would become 4.95

"Also, a player will not know where he/she stands in the relative PR contest during the match. So, do you assume you are being outplayed and adjust accordingly? Or do you assume you are outplaying the opponent and adjust accordingly? A risky, gaming strategy may, seemingly, be as potentially harmful as it is potentially beneficial. "

For the strategies I gave it hardly matters and the strategies I gave are not risky. There may be some other strategies though that do matter. If you know you are definitely losing the PR battle you might aim for complications and tkae your chances.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.