[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

USBGF rate increase

Posted By: AP
Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2013, at 10:09 p.m.

In Response To: USBGF rate increase (Rod)

This post is so off the mark in both content and tone that I feel the need to comment on behalf of all the USBGF members who are very happy and satisfied with what the organization has done in such a short period of time.

First off all, to describe a $35 annual membership fee as "obnoxiously high" is absurd. The only thing obnoxiously mis-priced here is that the USBGF is charging only $35 for a membership that includes great video lessons that Phil continuously pumps out.

Also, as a member of USCF, I personally get FAR more value from USBGF in the form of online tournaments (which introduced me to online backgammon for the first time and let me play some world class players- even if they made fun of my donkey moves on this forum-thanks Neil!), video lectures, the magazine, and most of all, the feeling that you are supporting a nonprofit organization that benefits our game with an incredibly modest investment. Also, the bg community is much smaller than the chess community, so paying a bit more per person to cover similar fixed costs is expected.

Now that is not to say that there are not areas for improvement. I actually agreed with several of your points. But the overall tone is just so negative that any legitimate points are hard to hear. To urge everyone not to pay membership fees as the key takeaway of your post is just not right. So instead, I urge everyone to become a member of our bg community by supporting the USBGF, and if you can afford to do so consider becoming a founding member.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.