[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I think you got it completely wrong

Posted By: Casper Van der Tak
Date: Wednesday, 4 December 2013, at 4:00 p.m.

In Response To: All matches in Vegas and my PR (Kathy Weiner)

I think you got it completely wrong. (1) Mochy provides a service by making the blogpost and making the matches available. (2) A lot of people are interested in the PR, and there have even been requests for people who post matches for download to post the PR "for those who are too lazy to download the files". (3) Mochy mentions that he could have played better (I assume some mistakes that he feels he should have avoided), but then also mentions that his play was probably better than his normal level in any case (non-bragging, maybe the opposite). (4) Then Mochy mentions who outplayed him by name (compliment). BTW, outplaying just means playing a lower PR; if I play Mochy and he plays a 2 and I a 3, he has outplayed me, but I can nevertheless be happy about my play. (5) Mochy does not mention the names of the players he outplayed, I assume to avoid embarrassing them. Mochy did write nothing that is untrue or an overstatement, nothing with bad intent, and I assume nothing that his opponents would take issue with.

Plus he writes in a second language of his, which means a bit more difficulty in expressing himself.

I see this completely differently from you.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.