[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Doesn't that all depend on Howard?

Posted By: Stick
Date: Friday, 6 December 2013, at 7:46 p.m.

In Response To: Doesn't that all depend on Howard? (Neal Weiner)

If David Rockwell is playing the finals of your tournament against Player X and Player X requests that David's wife, Linda, not be allowed to watch the match for any ludicrous reason like "she's a jinx" you would ban her from watching? I'd call that obnoxiously manipulative of Player X and smile while denying his request.

I never said that (almost) all requests to ban a player from watching probably aren't upheld. I imagine usually when someone makes such a request they have a good reason. You can't go all Machine Gun Kelly and just point and ban people though. I know if I was at a tournament and someone randomly tried to ban me from watching a match for no reason whatsoever and the TD allowed it I would not return to that tournament. (amongst other actions) I'd happily discuss these points face to face but my questions wouldn't change. Putting them in writing allows you more time to think about them and answer as you feel best rather than putting you on the spot.

Pete Rose

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.