[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

LA

Posted By: Barry Silliman
Date: Friday, 6 December 2013, at 6:21 p.m.

In Response To: LA (Rod)

From the Central States Invitational (March 8-10, 2013) brochure (emphasis added):

Videotaping of the Grand Crystal Beaver masters event and the Championship final and semifinal matches is permissible by either player upon request. In other rounds, players may only videotape their matches with permission from their opponents.

From the Chicago Open (May 23-27, 2013) brochure (emphasis added):

Videotaping in the Open Division & Markowitz Masters is permissible by either player upon request. All matches in the Giants of Backgammon Invitational may be recorded.

Neither brochure mentions public distribution.

I find it both sad and amusing that players who certainly wouldn't mind the trophy and the accolades and the cash from winning the top division of a large event would not want the match to be publicly available for fear of embarrassment.

Either they put up a nice PR and the public gets to see backgammon at its finest or maybe Mr. or Ms. ImReallyGoodWhenIPlayJellyFishExceptThatItCheats might see a match and say, "you know, I think I can hang with those guys" and we get a new player.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.