[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Giving up the last chance is just bad

Posted By: Mochy
Date: Thursday, 30 January 2014, at 1:41 p.m.

In Response To: Giving up the last chance is just bad (Mochy)

I am glad that my post generate some productive discussion here.

I think many people like the last chance simply because they want to play backgammon.It really doesn't matter to them how much equity they have. Their life time happiness will increase if you have the last chance on Sunday. Actually I prefer to have the last chance as it is, but I know the situation is different from player to player. I am not gonna change my flight to japan and leave early!

However it doesn't mean the current schedule is perfect. Actually nothing satisfy everyone so we should seek for the better choice always. Maybe some TD should run the tournament without the last chance (Especially when MCG kindly offers a free lecture!).

Japan Open doesn't have the last chance by the way but it is mainly because it doesn't fit the schedule. We offer bunch of Jackpots and commentary of the final, and prize giving. Maybe it is cultural difference but lot of people stay for prize giving. We also try to make it as entertain as possible.(Last year we gave away some prizes only who remains to the prize giving)

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.