[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

darrin.funk@gmail.com

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Saturday, 1 March 2014, at 3:14 a.m.

In Response To: darrin.funk@gmail.com (dfunkt)

First, it is hard to tell why playing with the cube is better until you have tried it. To say it isn't better, without having tried it and learned how much more interesting the game is with the cube, is like saying "why put that sail on the boat when I enjoy rowing?"

The cube adds a lot to the game, whether you are gambling or not. I love playing matches, on line, for no money, with the cube, just for the intellectual stimulation, and to play without the cube is far less interesting.

If you learned to play tennis without a net, and then you criticized people because they put that net in the way, you are doing so without any idea of how much better the game is with the net.

I first leaned to play gin rummy where you could not call (knock or go down) but only play for gin. It was fun. Having the option and intricacies involved by adding a call made the game much more fun. Then when I learned that you coudl use a call card, that varied how much you could call for, it was even better.

When I was a child, I only at hot dogs plain. When my friends tried to convince me to put catsup and onions on it, I told them they were nuts...I loved the hot dogs plain. You have to try it and understand it before you can make an intelligent argument against it.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.