[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

OT: Am I the only one here who thinks poker is almost all pure luck?

Posted By: Fender
Date: Monday, 22 September 2014, at 8:04 p.m.

We all know that backgammon is a game of skill and luck. And the more I studied backgammon the more I saw my results improve.

But with poker, I never saw my results improve after studying. I did sometimes go deep in cheap online tournaments, but never really felt I got there because of any skill, more getting lucky on all ins.

Also this one liner I keep hearing 'If poker is a game of luck, why do you always see teh same faces at the final table' is the most ridiculous quote I have ever read, because when I look at tournament results, I always keep seeing completely different names at the final table.

The same people that always scream 'Poker is skill' are always the same people that scream 'The world champion sucks'.

I do think there is a little bit skill in poker, but I don't think a lifetime is long enough for the long run to even out and still has luck as the most important factor.

I am mostly talking about tournament poker here. I don't have much experience with cash game poker.

I risk being regarded here as a idiot, but I am sorry I just don't see the skill in poker.

Offcourse I could have posted this in a poker forum, but I will just get flamed there, just like writing that cocaine is bad for your health on a forum of recreational cocaine snorters.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.