[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

I understand it's important to shake your dice...

Posted By: Havard Raddum
Date: Sunday, 14 August 2016, at 9:59 p.m.

In Response To: I understand it's important to shake your dice... (Joe Russell)

I think baffle boxes could be the next thing to clean up the game the way clocks have done in the past. Now we have rules that says dice should be shaken "thoroughly", thrown at a "discernible" height from the board and leave the cup at "the same time". All of the words in quotations are open to interpretation, and exactly when one enters a gray area in any one of them differs from person to person.

The ultimate baffle box would be one where there is enough chaos, such that even if you try to produce the same roll twice, it's not possible for humans to do it. The initial conditions of the dice in two rolls when set up by a person would be different in some 1/1000 mm's, etc, and this should be enough to make two rolls completely unrelated.

If such a box can be (or has been?) made, it doesn't matter how people put the dice into the box. If the dice have been through the box, the roll is random. Then we could do away with cups and shaking, and simplify the rules whenever a good baffle box is used..

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.