[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Novi Consolation Final -- Critical Juncture -- Position 1-- OTB

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Thursday, 9 July 2009, at 2:27 p.m.

In Response To: Novi Consolation Final -- Critical Juncture -- Position 1 (Bill Riles)

Maybe someone who is more of a rollout guru, or guru in general, can resolve this. I get effectively meaningless, ambiguous results from Snowie.

As I've said previously my thought, and Adam has concurred it was his thought too, was he should want to minimize the possibility I would use the cube in this volatile situation at this score.

Among the 4-3 play options, from my perspective and mindset, at the table at the time, I would have cubed after the 6/3, 5/1 (actual occurrence) or the 13/7. With the 8/1 or the 8/4, 5/2 I don't know that I would have been inclined to double. But breaking the six point and leaving two interior blots with my 4.5 point board and large pip count lead seemed to me to almost ask for the cube (probably a poor choice of words -- obviously not Adam's intent -- but hopefully my meaning is clear) -- and certainly brought greater focus at least to the consideration of the cube.

I'm not sure what is right, but those were my thoughts.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.