[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

GNU rollout - another MET based difference of opinion

Posted By: David Rockwell
Date: Friday, 10 July 2009, at 1:00 a.m.

In Response To: GNU rollout - another MET based difference of opinion (Rich Munitz)

I'm working (very slowly) on a GNU based MET. I started with -1 -2 Post and worked my way backwards. Every step of the way, I update the MET. So, yes, the MET is based on itself. No iteration is needed as long as you do the rollouts in a logical progression. If you fail to update the MET at every step, it will be partially based on a different MET which I felt was undesirable, although probably insignificant.

I don't know how G11 was constructed with respect updating the MET during table construction. But, it is following my table rather closely other than the implied gammon %. So, I think it is reliable enough until you get to 12 away.

I believe the Woolsey table was based on actual match experience over a decade ago. To the extent that play has changed with respect to score, this data would no longer be consistent with current tournament practice. Of course, GNU matches aren't consistent either since most players don't play like GNU. I still prefer the GNU tables.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.