[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

This may be a stupid idea, but...

Posted By: Joe Russell
Date: Wednesday, 6 September 2017, at 1:44 a.m.

In Response To: This may be a stupid idea, but... (Rich Munitz)

'However, I think it would be reasonable for the opponent to give the player a warning and not hold them to it the first time - just as the director is likely to do if called over and the opponent is OK with allowing the player to retract the double.'

This opens the door to the player that should have been doubled having the option to decide to be 'nice' and not force the double if he does not want to be doubled, but not be so 'nice' if he does want to be doubled, at least on the first occurence of such an infraction. I think it would be better to enforce the double in all situations, rather than to allow selective enforcement.

Regardless of the outcome of the first such incident, I agree with Rich; the player who touched the cube should be informed by his opponent that any touching of the cube will be a binding action in the future.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.