[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Efficiently recording and analyzing many matches in a live tournament

Posted By: Johan Segers
Date: Wednesday, 7 September 2011, at 8:30 p.m.

I am looking for a fast and efficient way of recording and analyzing many matches in a live tournament.

- Writing them down by hand and entering them afterwards in a computer is just too laborious and time consuming to be done at a large scale.

- Recording the match on camera avoids the writing part but still requires entering the moves in the computer afterwards. Again, too much work.

- Entering the moves directly on a laptop avoids having to enter them later on. However, having to switch back and forth from the mouse to the board is cumbersome.

Does anybody have experience with entering the moves directly on a tablet PC? Entering the moves via a touch screen should go fast and without effort. Which tablet PC and which software to use?

The reason for my asking is that I would like to run a live variance reduction tournament. However, this requires all matches to be analyzed...

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.