[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Posting Matches

Posted By: Bill Patterson
Date: Monday, 14 October 2013, at 1:27 p.m.

In Response To: Posting Matches (Dmitriy Obukhov)

As I have been transcribing matches for quite some time now, I have to agree that posting them is a good idea as I myself have learned a great deal through not only transcribing, but also reviewing all posted matches. A person learns a lot from reviewing all moves and cube actions. I could care less about PRS as I pay more attention to each decision a player makes on each move and cube action. That being said,I have emailed various players to find out if they mind having their matches posted. So far, I have had no objections. I do respect a players right to accept or deny their matches being posted for whatever reasons they have, even though I do not agree with a negative response.If matches are streamed and recorded,I still have asked about posting, but I do believe that if it is streamed anyway, anyone can transcribe and post if they so desire. My entire opinion is this: a player has a right to refuse their matches posted, but I truly believe that you are hurting the game by not allowing beginners to review them as it is a good way to learn,even though there are many many other methods available with all of the many teachers who give of their time to help everyone improve their game. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.