[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BG on android live

Posted By: Igor
Date: Monday, 14 October 2013, at 7:12 p.m.

In Response To: BG on android live (NJ)

the Android version of Backgammon NJ supports the most popular screen resolutions. In fact, it supports a resolution that is very close to that of the Nexus 4, and the board would have filled almost the entire screen of that device.

Right, that's how it should be in theory, but in reality it wasn't. It was a tiny little rectangle in the middle of the screen, occupying less than 1/4 screen area. So, your "closest match" algorithm did not work in practice.

All of our boards are hand-drawn from scratch. Because of this and the fact that there are literally many thousands of different configurations of Android devices, it's simply not possible for us to support every single configuration.

This is exactly what I was saying -- your predrawn fixed resolution design is not suited for the great variation of Android devices. Yet other app developers don't have that problem; their apps scale to full screen nicely even though they might not use the full actual resolution of any given device. Oh, and their graphics are not really inferior to yours.

All I was saying is that your app only works for select devices which happen to have one of your fixed resolutions. It is unusable on two out of my three, and they are all Nexuses -- not some no-name crap that you wouldn't care about.

Take my opinion for it is -- a potential customer you are not getting because your app looks like crap on my devices. Do you want to issue with that? Be my guest.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.