[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Flaw in PR / Is this wrong?

Posted By: Mislav Kovacic
Date: Thursday, 19 December 2013, at 3:05 p.m.

In Response To: Flaw in PR / Is this wrong? (Rod)

Missing 0.080 cubes could be correct vs "decidedly weaker" opponents (depending on the position of course), but the difference between your non-adjusted PR of 3.4 and the actual one of 7.86 sounds a a bit too high to me.
I get to play many weak opponents in Croatian Backgammon Tour (both online and live) where, I think, many adjustments are necessary. Still, my opinion is that these adjustments simply do not happen that often and should NOT increase your PR by more than 1, on average. Even that might be too much. Note that I'm talking long run here.
Of course, there are occasional matches where the PR difference due to adjustments can be pretty big, but such matches are not that common. Difference of 4.46 PR is quite rare.
When your mind is set to adjusting it's VERY easy to fall into the trap of over-adjusting and make the occasional blunder of missing a huge cube or passing an easy take.

Could you post the first 2 positions that you intentionally passed, as well as your estimated PR edge over your opponents?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.