[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Flaw in PR / Is this wrong?

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Thursday, 19 December 2013, at 8:39 a.m.

In Response To: Flaw in PR / Is this wrong? (Rod)

And this is exactly the "behaviour" of PR as I described in another thread:

Not only do you get a higher PR for passing a theoretically sound take (even though it's correct given the true MET of the matchup).

BUT, you get an increased penalty PR-wise, because you never get to the easy part of those games. The huge amount of non-contact moves, that are so hard to err (and if you manage to, the size of the error will not rock your boat).

If you're following this pattern of conservative cube play on purpose (which you clearly are, given your statements about the matchup), then it gets to a lot of PR difference over the entire match. Also in games where you are on top, because you might be delaying your doubles just slightly, with the outcome being a drop or two more from your opponent (again causing you to miss out of all those easy decisions).

The flaw in PR is simply this: Over a game, decisions are a lot easier at the end!

I did a suggestion a few months back, that could really improve this aspect of PR, and thus make PR a much stronger indicator in shorter runs - and would get rid of this exact flaw that affects the PR of people who play weaker opponents right.

No one thought that was interesting (which puzzled me actually, since people really see PR as the measure of performance, even in a single game).

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.