[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Flaw in PR / Is this wrong?

Posted By: christian munk-christensen
Date: Thursday, 19 December 2013, at 7:45 p.m.

In Response To: Flaw in PR / Is this wrong? (Rod)

So let me make sure I understand this correctly:

You played a couple of opponents who you evaluated to be really weak. Because of that you adjusted your play which off course had a negative effect on your PR. Eventually you ended up with a PR of 7,86 against their 6!

It sounds to me like you completely outsmarted yourselves and ended up being the suckers.

I guess when you throw away equity by intentionally adjusting your game you do it because you hope to induce errors from the opponents which outweigh your own errors. The errors induced in the opponent's game will raise their PR.

I know it's a hypothetical question which it is impossible to answer accurately but how much do you think your intentional errors helped increase the opponents' PR in this match?

This is for me a prime example of why it is such a dangerous strategy to make intentional errors. You don't know if it is going to pay off because the opponent may not make even bigger errors as a result.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.