[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nonsense

Posted By: Bill Phipps
Date: Thursday, 19 December 2013, at 7:42 p.m.

In Response To: Flaw in PR / Is this wrong? (Rod)

Rod, I get it. You are obsessed with this notion that "sometimes it is good to play bad". Give it up, man.

Yes, it is important to take opponent into consideration when making decisions. But guess what, most top players already do that. Mochy, MCG, Falafel are definitely not just making the lowest pr play each turn without regard for their opponent. Yet, somehow they rarely seem to put up a 7 PR in a match.

I call bullshit on the suggestion that there is some backgammon genius lurking out there who puts up high PRs on purpose but wins a lot of events because he is playing his opponents so much better than anyone else.

A lot of medicore PR players who get on a tournament hot streak would like to be able to attribute it to some special skill they have, Instead, I believe it is very likely just dumb luck. If you disagree with me, how about posting specific examples from actual matches and we can start quantifying the decisions. Until then, it really strikes me as just a bunch of hot air.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.