[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Nonsense

Posted By: Fatboy
Date: Thursday, 19 December 2013, at 8:08 p.m.

In Response To: Nonsense (Bill Phipps)

FWIW sometimes my PR is 7 or a hair lower in short matches (5-7 points), when its that low its because i made lucky guesses or i'd like to think "I have good instincts". Which is it? I dont know, I just know that the better decisions made in anything yield better results.

In pool we call it "Stalling" or "Being on the lemon" when you make bad shots/decisions to keep a fish on the line, that is much more difficult to do in BG, chess where there is less room for error. In Pool there are ways to overcome stalling, in BG you make a dumb play and it's almost impossible to undo it.

So even tho Im a relativity weak player here, my logic isn't as weak. A lower PR will in the long run beat a higher PR. Has to. I understand complicating a game against someone like me by making a small error in the opening might be a effective way to beat me, but that cant fly with 2 top players playing each other.

nobody playing with a PR of 3.5 is going to get confused and go off the rails because of some strategic misplay, he or she will exploit the error not succumb to it.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.