[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Make a ruling

Posted By: Barry Silliman
Date: Saturday, 8 March 2014, at 12:19 a.m.

In Response To: Make a ruling (Bob Koca)

Since a significant percentage of the readership here strives to play as identically to XG as possible, I decided to put this position into XG to see what it would do.

After I misplayed the 61 as Player A, XG showed me no sympathy at all, not only not allowing me to re-play it correctly, but immediately doubling me as well!

So, not only would I rule in favor of Player B, but, if Player B had cube access (but certainly only if it constitutes a 'live' cube as currently interpreted by public opinion and compassionate social animals), I would explain to both the players and any spectators, in a calm, gentle and non-humiliating manner, strictly for educational purposes in order to further the enrichment of the skill level of the game, that Player B in future should not be so careless as to give away potential equity by not turning the cube.

Furthermore, since backgammon is a game that is played strictly by gentlemen and gentle-ladies, I would conclude that the only reason Player B did not already resign in this position was that they correctly surmised that Player A was capable of misplaying the position. Player B should be rewarded for their prescience, tenacity and competitiveness. XG certainly did not resign in this position during my research.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.