[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Reduce the number of players people vote for to no more than 25

Posted By: Matt Cohn-Geier
Date: Friday, 11 April 2014, at 3:15 p.m.

In Response To: Reduce the number of players people vote for to no more than 25 (neilkaz)

Sure. I just don't think 7 more names on the ballot is the major hindrance. My guess is the major hindrances are collection, organization, and data entry, which would all be aided by online balloting. Someone would still have to review the ballots, but you wouldn't have to try to discern each person's scrawl (falafel vs matvey vs mike; does that say mochy or michy? etc.).

David Rockwell mentioned that some of the people further down the list could be de-incentivized to vote by making the list shorter. Although I don't really think it would be a big deal to me either way, whether it was 25 or 32.

The one thing I would certainly like is to have some sort of activity barometer. That could be participation over the past 2 years or something else more exact. I find it a little absurd that people can make the list year after year despite not having played a game of backgammon in 5 years. We'll see if that changes this year.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.