[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Reduce the number of players people vote for to no more than 25

Posted By: Keene
Date: Friday, 11 April 2014, at 4:52 p.m.

In Response To: Reduce the number of players people vote for to no more than 25 (Matt Cohn-Geier)

Matt: I find it a little absurd that people can make the list year after year despite not having played a game of backgammon in 5 years. We'll see if that changes this year.

Couldnt agree more. Its astounding that people who havent played still get listed as giants.

On the number of votes, I think the minimum should be 16, with no maximum. Why can't someone list their top 200 players? If they want to spend the time doing that, then why not allow it? I expect that the way to score the ballots is 1/n pts per position, which will rather neatly sum to exactly 2pts the longer the list goes, with obviously massive weighting to the top 10 players. This is a technicality though.

On a similar note, sure its fine having a top 32 giants, but thats an arbitrary number, total positions could be tallied, the entire list could be published. It would provide incentive for those lower on the list to climb higher, would it not?

K

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.