[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

It's time we had our own "Grand Slam"

Posted By: Keene
Date: Wednesday, 16 April 2014, at 6:31 p.m.

In Response To: It's time we had our own "Grand Slam" (Bob Koca)

You make a fair point. I think in my head, it was going along the lines of: lets have some base criteria for defining what those high prestige events are to begin with, and that was what I was aiming at. The higher the playing population, the better equipped the event is to handle it (or vice versa), and thusly, they are more entitled to an elevated status. It would become a self-aggrandizing title that would through perception in turn continue to propagate the status, and thusly become deserving of it. Unless of course, its not a good event, and then its popularity will diminish, leaving an opportunity for one of the other events to replace it.

So, first, start with: What are the Majors? How do we define them? Second, lets put it together, attach prestige from a world governing body. Third, enhance, let the snowball roll. Finally, we have: A top tier series of major backgammon events, a world backgammon body and a blooming popularity.

Yes, yes, I know, you dont need to tell me, thats not how it works. However, in my mind, the limits are not known to me, and as such, I will treat the idea with the respect it deserves. Unlimited potential. Isnt that how all great ideas begin?

K

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.