[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Impossible Ruling

Posted By: phil simborg
Date: Friday, 15 August 2014, at 1:56 p.m.

Playing at the Chicago Club, where they still play non-legal moves, my opponent hit one of my checkers and instead of putting it on the bar, he put it in the bear off tray. Then he picked up his dice.

As I understand it, the move stands. The checker is now off the board.

Now, I know I have the right to make him change the move to a legal move, but if I decide not to, can I get gammoned?

Of course, this situation would not occur with Legal Moves, as I would be obligated to see that this mistake is corrected.

However, even with Legal moves, what if I honestly didn't notice the error and then rolled the dice? Does the checker stay off the board?

Can I get gammoned?

[So that some of the usual jerks here don't get all crazy on me, of course, when this happened in my match against my good friend, Ken Bond, I told him about the mistake and we put my checker on the bar, but that doesn't mean everyone else would, and if you are supposed to take advantage of your opponent's mistakes when you are playing non-legal moves, wasn't I violating the spirit of the game by being fair with my opponent when I am supposed to take advantage of his stupid mistakes?]

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.