[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Another chess cheater busted!

Posted By: mamabear
Date: Wednesday, 15 April 2015, at 1:51 p.m.

In Response To: Another chess cheater busted! (svilo)

Perhaps your suggestion has merit if the only reason the alleged cheater is being accused, is because some people who don't like him, claim he is cheating with no proof of it. But in such a case, since the burden of proof is on them, not on the alleged cheater, it is not be necessary for him to prove how well he plays vs. someone of lower ELO. I don't like seeing someone red-dogged mainly for being unpopular, and appreciate that you don't either, but that doesn't seem to be what is happening here.

In this case, they found the phone in the bathroom, and it was apparently his phone, since it was logged in to his social media account. (He may have been clever, but he wasn't smart enough to know how to do a factory reset to sweep all his personal info off the device!) I suppose he could claim it wasn't his phone, and that it was planted there by someone who stole his social media passwords, yadda, but I don't know that any such explanation has been proposed.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.