[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Another chess cheater busted!

Posted By: svilo
Date: Thursday, 16 April 2015, at 4:35 a.m.

In Response To: Another chess cheater busted! (Timothy Chow)

Thank you Timothy, for contributing and asking me to shut up.

You say I am knowingly uninformed, but what I said is that I do not have enough info to accept a harsh verdict against a young man.

Your info unveils the case a little. Your 3 points make him a real witch! But you are copying Google which you are sure I did not use.

I will add some more info then, remember you triggered it. The man was stripped bare on a tournament in Macedonia? after he started beating the "superiors". The tournament director issued an official apology.

Bulgarian chess fed banned him for 4 months after 40 players refused to play in a tournament with Borislav Ivanov. Now if 40 refuse to play it seems organized. If it is not organized and the tournament is open I would say millions did not come to the tournament.

When his home town organized an open INTERNATIONAL TOURNAMENT he was once searched (4 or 5th round after he won some games in a row). He lost a game after the search. Then came his turn to play US millionaire (Google says of Russian origin, but the name sounds Czech) former world Youth Champion Mr. Dlugy. The latter had ORGANIZED BEFOREHAND that one of the employees of his company branch in Sofia go to Blagoevgrad, present himself as bodyguard and do a search on B.Ivanov. The tournament refused any rights to bodyguards to search players initially and I am not sure how it continued through the bodyguard or by Mr. Dlugy's direct direction, but when finally Ivanov was asked to take of his socks he bursted, refused and was awarded a loss without play. He played until the end of this tournament and said he will not play chess any more.

May I remind the great world champions Paul Morphy, and Bobby Fischer who also stopped playing abruptly. I would also recommend the great US film "Beautiful mind" with Russel Crowe in support of my attitude.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.