[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Suppose we had 13 on ace

Posted By: Bill Riles
Date: Friday, 15 May 2015, at 6:09 p.m.

In Response To: Suppose we had 13 on ace (Bill Riles)

Obviously my question was for Stick and his observation that many top backgammon players do not beat a path to Monte Carlo for the World Championship.

It is far from a perfect system but it is all we have at the moment.

I know how much time, effort, and money is put into the attempt to provide a tournament experience worthy of the name -- and it is substantial.

Is the tournament supposed to be spectacular to draw the best players? Or does the presence of the best players make the tournament spectacular?

I think it is a two-way street with responsibilities incumbent on all -- players and organizers alike.

If we want attention, if we want sponsors, if we want media coverage, we have to provide these groups something to get excited about.

I for one think the organizers are working hard to accomplish this. Now they need the support of the backgammon community and the top players to complete the task.

I plan to attend (and I'm not claiming to be a top player). But I support the efforts of the organizers. I hope everyone else that can do so plans to attend as well, particularly many of the top players from around the globe.

So, the chicken or the egg? I think it is a bit of both.

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.