[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why use Nactation?

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Monday, 17 January 2011, at 7:37 a.m.

In Response To: Why use Nactation? (garyo)

... 54S-63 [H X14 R21] /15.txt would not be a legal file name. so, how does one figure out what part of nactation is compatible with file naming limitations --- other than trial and error?

If you try to type a character into a file name, a message box pops up (well, it does for me with Windows XP) that states:

A file name cannot contain any of the following characters:

\ / : * ? " < > |

The only character in the string you asked about that is not permitted is the forward slash /. If you like, you could substitute the old-fashioned symbol for a GnuBG rollout, which is #. (And for XG 3-ply, instead of an angle-bracket you could an open-parentheses symbol (.

It is interesting, though, that you would want to create a file name with a nacbrac, as opposed to just the sequence itself of 54S-63. Is it that you want the margin information embedded in the file name? (Or maybe I'm missing the point.)

Personally, I prefer (as do most others) to catalogue the nacbrac information textually elsewhere, and keep the file names short and all the same length (within folders organized by the number of rolls played in the opening sequence).

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.