[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Recording a Match

Posted By: Henrik Bukkjaer
Date: Wednesday, 26 January 2011, at 12:20 a.m.

In Response To: Recording a Match (Stick)

Stick, I haven't tried to Nactate anything yet, but I kind of like the idea that you can read the "type" chosen for each play by looking at a single char. It makes the thematics easier to read, and maybe easier to categorize.

I've used my own optimized endpoint notation for years when recording matches myself (not many, but once in a while), and I can keep up with Speedgammon without errors - I'm sure you can too using Nac, and that I could learn to as well.

BUT: When I note, I make a big thing of being invisible to the players. I never want to pause a game asking for a move I didn't see, nor asking about a roll I cannot see (because of the die being too close to the wrong side of the bar, etc.). The most important thing to capture when recording, are the dice rolls, from those you can almost entirely recreate the game most of the time. However, I feel that nactation is 100% dependant on recording correct dice rolls, where as end-point notation actually can survive without both dice being logged, making end-point notation less intrusive to the game ("what did you roll?"). Is this assumption correct?

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.