[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why use Nactation?

Posted By: Jason Lee
Date: Tuesday, 18 January 2011, at 10:50 p.m.

In Response To: Why use Nactation? (Stick)

Formatting in your post is fixed. Did you use some sort of auto generator for the list or was that your work? Just wondering because if it was auto, it was weird.

I just wrote the HTML by hand, botched it, and didn't

I doubt you're looking for a black belt anyway. I think this is the problem for most people, they just don't have a big enough need to understand it all.

Put it this way... I'd like to know that there is an unambiguous nactation for all positions -- maybe I don't need it all -- just the idea that I could look it up. OK, given that we've just discussed a position with over 2000 legal moves, that doesn't seem possible.

So you'd be willing to take the bet that if I recorded a match David Rockwell or MCG wouldn't be able to input it without my assistance?

No, I didn't phrase my comment very well.

If you're recording a match aren't you always doing it for yourself anyway? If you record the match I'd say you're also the one who enters the match into the computer 99.X% of the time.

Most of the time, that may be true, but this is moot anyway. If you record a match and you enter it, use hieroglypics for all anybody cares.

JLee

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.