[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

BEACON is the key

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Tuesday, 18 January 2011, at 11:44 p.m.

In Response To: Why use Nactation? (Jason Lee)

Hi Jason. I enjoyed your mini-rant, cleverly bracketed by compliments (thank you).

You can nactate about half the non-doublet plays that arise with BEACON (though it's rarely your only choice). See Section 4 of the tutorial. The rest of the plays can be nactated with more basic symbols.

For most doublets plays that arise, you can also use BEACON. See Section 3 of the tutorial. If you haven't read these two pages and made a minimal effort to learn those letters, it is no wonder you don't feel up to speed.

You can also click here for a quick look at playing double 3s with each of the six BEACON letters.

Another secret: If you use Nactation in some of your own posts, you'll learn it much faster. If you're concerned that people will see you as elitist, you can include both notations, as I often do.

You certainly have the right to take or leave Nactation, or to continue to supplement your trad with a handful of letters. However, if you don't bother to learn BEACON, then I'm not sure you've really earned the right to protest that you're not in the inner circle. Anyone is welcome, by the way. :)

Cheers,

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.