[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums

Why use Nactation?

Posted By: Nack Ballard
Date: Monday, 17 January 2011, at 8:52 a.m.

In Response To: Why use Nactation? (garyo)

I was thinking of much longer sequences and the possibility of using this technique. could you share some of what your file system looks like?

Sure. One of my folders is entitled "ROs Rcvd, 2nd Roll Non," which is short for "Rollouts received, second roll positions, non-doublets." The first few file names in the folder look something like this:

21$-21-st.swe
    21$-31-dk.swe
    21$-41-hy.swe
    21$-51-pw.swe
    etc.

The ".swe" is added by the computer to identify it as a Snowie file. The (hyphen and) pair of letters before that tell me who rolled it out (something you might not need, though it's been very useful to me); e.g., "st" stands for Stick, and "pw" stands for Paul Weaver.

File names can be as long as you want. For example, in one of my folders, I have this eleventh roll cube decision file:

63S-42H-52H-62H-55B-63Z-52S-51X-65R-61W-C.swe

At some length you might want to ask yourself if you still care enough to have the entire sequence listed (noting too that for some positions you might not know the sequence). You might prefer a briefer file name, even though it doesn't tell you the exact position. I suppose it would depend on your objective.

Does that answer your question? I'm not quite sure what you meant by "this technique" in your phrasing.

Nack

Messages In This Thread

Post Response

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

[ View Thread ] [ Post Response ] [ Return to Index ] [ Read Prev Msg ] [ Read Next Msg ]

BGonline.org Forums is maintained by Stick with WebBBS 5.12.